Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Olle Hedberg is..."Wonderful"!


Last autumn, regular readers of this blog will remember that Olle Hedberg was my favourite contestant on Swedish Idol. Now he's released his debut single, "Wonderful", which is a cover version of a song released a couple of years ago by British singer-songwriter Gary Go, which got a lot of radio airplay over here two years ago. The song has been used in various movie soundtracks and most recently it was played during the interval of this year's Eurovision Song Contest final (when the televoting phone numbers were displayed on screen). So there's still a lot of life left in the song, and who better than Olle to keep it going?

"Wonderful" was released yesterday and is already no.15 in the iTunes Sweden singles chart.
Check out Olle's official site http://www.ollehedberg.com/ and Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olle-Hedberg/119189471447567 and of course don't forget to check out his various great cover versions over at YouTube.

3 comments:

Damian said...

I was more than surprised when I've heard it for the first time! I expected original debut track but not disappointed at all, this song sounds perfect for his voice and actually I didn't know about its existance before Eurovision. As Gary Go never was in Swedish chart most of local audience didn't also, so heja Olle! He reached #11 but unfortunately not Top-10 if I haven't missed anything, hope for some promotion. Dude has more than 37.000 fans on Facebook so there's a huge potential!

Maria said...

I absolutely love the song and most of all Olle's voice!!! I'm hoping for some promotion too, haven't seen anything except meantion on his Facebook page yet! He was up at no.10 for a while on Itunes. I'm sure he will release original songs later. :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Yes I totally agree, he has lots of potential. You must let me know if he's got any Swedish TV appearances coming up, in case I miss them!