Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The 2010-50: No.40: I can't wait until the storm is over

"It's Gonna Rain" - Eric Saade.

By the way, this chart is being rewritten almost on a daily basis, so even I don't know what's coming next!

Anyway, into the top 40 now...Funny how you can change your mind about things. Initially I thought "Manboy" was trashy and tacky, but after a weekend of non-stop-radio-saturation airplay in Gothenburg, resistence was futile and I finally jumped on the Eric Saade bandwagon. What followed was actually a rather good debut pop album - "It's Gonna Rain" was my favourite track, and is a typical uptempo Swedish pure pop song. Which can only be a good thing.

Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHe-K4gwaHw

I don't know where his career will go from here on, but don't bet against him appearing again at MF in the next year or two...!

1 comment:

Damian said...

One of my favorite Summer songs of this year. That's pity they didn't choose it as Summer single, releasing it later they've missed its potential. Eric's participation next year is quite intriguing as he hasn't release any well charted hit except Manboy so will he repeat his success again?