Saturday, October 09, 2010

Dansfeber: the final line-up

Via Aftonbladet: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/tv/article7929548.ab

Here is the line-up for the final of TV4's "Dansfeber" which will take place next Saturday.

Morgan Alling – ”Flashdance”
Ronny Svensson – ”Thriller”
Nassim Al Fakir – ”Single ladies”
Ola Forssmed & Sussie Eriksson – ”Bollywood”
Tobbe Blom & Marko ”Markoolio” Lehtosalo – ”Dirty dancing”
Bönderna (Susanne Brännemo, Peter Gustafsson & Fredrik Karlsson) – ”Never let it go”
TV announcers (Nanna Martorell, Anders Östman & Fredrik Östling) – ”Fångad av en stormvind".

Of course I'll be supporting Nassim Al Fakir next week with his hilarious "Single Ladies". It's no surprise that a lot of the routines which were very popular on the British version have proved equally popular in the Swedish version - however there is a distinctively Swedish touch here as the finalists include two Melodifestivalen winners.

Now you all know how much I love Sweden, and how much I love Swedish music, but can I just tell you something? Now I'm sorry if it won't be popular with a lot of you schlager fans out there, but I'm only stating my opinion. So...

I have never liked "Fångad av en stormvind" and do you know the thing which continues to annoy me the most about it, apart from the fact that it only won on a technicality? That routine. Everything about it annoys me. The tunic. The two-boys-in-the-background thing, variations on which were a staple of many an MF entry in the 80s/90s. The unnecessary use of the wind machine. The choreography. Oh, and Carola herself, who I am not a fan of.

Although I maybe still have a soft spot for "Främling", I guess.

No comments: