Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aftonbladet Live-löpet 24.08.10: Robyn


Tonight was my final journey into the world of virtual concerts. I wonder if Aftonbladet will ever try this again, or if they have blazed a trail for others to follow?

Tonight was one of the most long-awaited of this year's concert series - Robyn.

At the moment, Robyn's musical career is on an absolute high, with her ambitious three-album Body Talk project. Three of tonight's songs - "Hang With Me", "Dancehall Queen" and "Dancing On My Own" are from the new albums, whilst the other song in the set was the now-legendary "With Every Heartbeat".

Robyn initially took to the dimly-lit stage dressed in what looked like a flying jacket, which she soon removed to reveal a grey top and some very interesting patterned trousers/leggings (!) and gave an excellent live performance as usual.

Unfortunately I don't know if it was my own internet connection, or if anyone else experienced the same thing, but the picture kept freezing and the sound was a little warped, especially during the first couple of numbers.

Apart from that, I really enjoyed the concert. As with previous concerts I had the same moans and groans about the overall visual experience and the virtual-effects, and a lot of changes need to be made to improve the format. However I guess it was a good opportunity for us to see some of Sweden's best artists - Mando Diao, The Ark, Salem Al Fakir and Robyn - in a unique live setting.

No comments: