Saturday, November 07, 2009

Retro Saturday: Jump The Gun

From time to time I like to feature a lost Eurovision classic in my Retro Saturday selection.

Back in 1988, Ireland hosted the Eurovision Song Contest, thanks to Johnny Logan's second win the previous year. They chose the band Jump The Gun to defend their title with "Take Him Home". Looking back, it was a pretty ambitious choice of song, starting off as a piano ballad and then it turns into as near to a rock song as you could get in Eurovision back in those days. For me it's one of the most underrated entries in Eurovision which I can remember, but I've always liked it. I wonder what became of Jump The Gun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeiLkzqNcXY&feature=PlayList&p=7CC94C8B9D7E70C1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=62

No comments: