Friday, November 20, 2009

The 2009-50: No. 47 - Ich bau ne Stadt für dich, aus Glas und Gold und Stein


"Stadt" - Cassandra Steen featuring Adel Tawil.

Whilst on holiday in Dusseldorf earlier this year, this song was a regular fixture on MTV and Viva music channels. Although Cassandra Steen was an unknown name to me, the person who made it a very special song is her duetting partner on this song, none other than Adel Tawil, who is better known as one half of Ich + Ich, and he also sang the German 'Prison Break' theme. He is probably my favourite German singer - I love his very distinctive voice and could probably listen to it all day! Anyway this is a very nice song which deservedly became a big hit in Germany.

P.S. By the way, I just found out this week that there is a new Ich + Ich album out (did you know about this, Rachel?) so will need to check that out some time soon :)
P.P.S. Hope those lyrics are correct, as my German is virtually non-existent I got them off a website :)

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

I didn't know about the new album,no,but I will look into it now you mention it :)

This is a really good song,I think we'll play it at some point on SoE.Actually I'm liking all the songs on the top 50 so far.Definitely need to have another look at my list,I'm sure there's about 10 songs on it so far!