Monday, April 27, 2009

The EuropeCrazy Holiday Hit List: Gothenburg 2009

As is now traditional on this blog, here is my little playlist of songs which were never off the radio and will always remind me of my recent trip to Gothenburg!

My radio listening was split between Rix FM, Mix Megapol and P3. Just as at home, Pink, Rihanna, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson are ridiculously overplayed, but at least there’s many more pop gems on the radio than at home.

Baby Goodbye - E.M.D.: arguably the most-played song of the weekend! But who’s complaining? I still love it.

Stay The Night - Alcazar: or, arguably, the other most-played song of the weekend. And again, I wasn’t complaining.

Higher - Star Pilots: yet another of my MF favourites from this year.

Love Child - Fibes, Oh Fibes!: a fabulous comeback from them, which got quite a bit of airplay on P3.

Dance With Somebody - Mando Diao: another P3 regular. I need to check out their new album.

The Queen - Velvet: maybe not played as much as some of the other MF songs, but heard it once or twice and it sounds very good on the radio.

Love Love Love - Agnes: I didn’t really appreciate this at MF but it seems to make more sense as a radio hit.

Hope and Glory - Måns Zelmerlöw: need I say more?

1000 Miles - H.E.A.T.: they’re probably the big breakthrough act from this year’s MF. This was everywhere, and I even heard it booming out of the Hard Rock Cafe on Avenyn on Friday night!

No comments: