Saturday, March 07, 2009

Retro Saturday: The Verve

"I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down...."

All-time favourites seemed to be thin on the ground until 1997 (there are some previous ones on Retro Saturday though) anyway The Verve came along with "Bitter Sweet Symphony" which immediately reached classic status in my book. I was on holiday with my mum in Blackpool when it was in the charts, I'll never forget that :)

I remember the day "Urban Hymns" came out. I got on a bus into town, went to Woolworths (R.I.P.) and bought it and played that album relentlessly, but the one track I played more than any other was "Bitter Sweet Symphony" which immediately went into my all-time favourites chart.

The video is equally compelling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3m4e45bTo

No comments: