Saturday, June 21, 2008

This week's playlist: that was when I ruled the world

Viva La Vida/42/Cemeteries of London - Coldplay: My most-played album of the year so far, and three of my most played tracks from it. I know it's not the done thing to say you like Coldplay, but this has single-handedly restored my faith in British music. Rant over.
Jennie Let Me Love You - E.M.D.: You know you're listening to too much Rix FM when.....
Ready To Fly - Anders Johansson: You know you're listening to too much Rix FM when...
Feelgood - Ola: You know you're listening to too much Rix FM when...
Tired of Being Sorry - Enrique Iglesias & Nadiya: French chart-topper which still floats my boat.
Shameless/Stragglers Moon - The Fratellis: more consolidation than fantastic leap forward, but the new Fratellis album is well worth a listen.
Curly Sue - Takida: the song that won't go away in Sweden, and one which I still think will eventually go big internationally.
Standing Next To Me - The Last Shadow Puppets: More retro-flavoured fun from (still) an unlikely favourite album from this year.
Cry For You - September: still hammered to death on the radio, but indisputably one of the year's enduring dance tunes. And Swedish too!!

1 comment:

Keira said...

Haha, seems like I'm not listening to enough Rix FM - I love Feelgood and E.M.D.