Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Scooter Mania in the UK!


Confession time: I know I'm way too old for this kind of thing, but I like Scooter. There, I've said it.

Can you believe that after all these years, the German rave band are enjoying a revival here in the UK? Their current album "Jumping All Over The World" recently hit no.1 in the album charts - a sure sign of their popularity, particularly with the young "Clubland" folks. The Scooter formula is simple: hardcore-rave beats mixed with sampled old songs and topped with some distinctive shouty rapping by equally distinctive frontman HP Baxxter.

There are many Scooter-haters out there, particularly those music snobs who turn up their noses at this successful formula. Well, you know what? I like it. Scooter might well be one of the guiltiest pleasures, but their music never fails to put a smile on my face and get the old feet tapping. I'm not sure if I could sustain a full album of it, but I do intend to get "Jumping All Over The World" if only for the greatest hits CD which includes some of the band's classics like "Nessaja" and "Jigga Jigga".

No comments: