Saturday, May 17, 2008

This week's playlist: Bring it on home

Propane Nightmares - Pendulum: I don't know who they are, I don't know anything about them, but this is quite a stunning mix of dance and rock which hit the UK top 40 and made me sit up and take notice.
American Boy - Estelle feat Kanye West: it's old news now, but I think this song is standing up to repeated airplay/iPod rotation.
Black Sun, Black Moon (live) - Salem Al Fakir: still on massive repeat-play at EuropeCrazy HQ.
This Is My Life - Euroband: Icelandic dance-pop-tastic Eurovision entry which must must must qualify for next Saturday's final!
Number One Fan - Dima Bilan: I still think the presentation of "Believe" is overblown and extreme. This on the other hand is just a good r'n'b track.
Bang On The Piano - Jack McManus: major chart scandal of the year - the failure of this song to make the top 10. I am still loving it though!
Do It Yourself - Uniting Nations: in Eurovision week what could be more appropriate than a fab little dance anthem by Mr. Teenage Life himself, Daz Sampson!!
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz: this has great-big-hit written all over it. In Sweden anyway....
The Age of the Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets: this just grows and grows on me.
Maybe - Brainstorm: rather wonderful English-language old song by Latvia's most famous band, who have just released their latest Latvian-language album. Which I may buy in Riga....

No comments: