Sunday, April 06, 2008

This week's playlist: I think I never trusted you enough

"Let It Shine" - Tingsek: Have just discovered yet another Swedish genius. You can't really describe this song, it's laid-back and jazzy and if you like Paolo Nutini/James Morrison this may just appeal to you.
"Bang On The Piano" - Jack McManus: another possible long-runner in this playlist. Extremely catchy and uplifting pop.
"Black and Gold" - Sam Sparro: will I ever get sick of this? Probably not. Still my favourite song of this year.
"Hur Svårt Kan Det Va" - Linda Bengtzing: Still enjoying the schlager-tastic-ness of this "Grace Kelly"-influenced Melodifestivalen song....
"Just A Minute" - Rongedal: ditto.
"Young Men Drive Fast"/"Sharks Are Cool" - The Quick: rediscovering this early 80s band whom I'd forgotten about but thanks to some other bloggers, I've found them again!
"Come On Girl" - Taio Cruz: finally this is on my local radio playlist, but despite repeated plays I'm not sick of it yet.
"Femme D'Aujourd'hui" - Sofia Essaïdi: first single from the new "Cleopatre" musical soundtrack. A real grower with 'hit' written all over it.
"Dangerous" - M Pokora: when you're the French Justin Timberlake, then what's more appropriate than a collaboration with Timbaland? This may just bring him international success.

No comments: