Saturday, March 01, 2008

Royaume-Uni chooses its Eurovision entry tonight....

..yes it's embarrassment time again. This year it won't be called "MYMU" but it will be called "Eurovision - Your Decision" but let's not bother because whatever the Beeb calls it, the fact remains that they're embarrassed to be part of Eurovision at all. (Contrast this with Sweden's Melodifestivalen and Norway's Melodi Grand Prix, two brilliantly produced and staged weekly extravaganzas). Tonight my head will be bouncing from left to right as if I was at Wimbledon watching a tennis match (!!) because I'll be watching our selection on TV and watching Melodifestivalen on the computer at the same time.

By the way, I've deliberately avoided listening to any clips of the six British finalists so tonight's show will be the first time that I hear them. May the best song and performer win, although the great British public having their particular idea of what a British Eurovision entry sounds like, I very much doubt it and I'd love to be proved wrong.

No comments: