Saturday, October 27, 2007

This week's playlist: this is for you, this is for me

Don't Hate On Me/Miss Blue - Vincent: our absolute favourite new Swedish singer of the week, who I came across purely by accident. Delightful feelgood quality pop music. Album coming not a minute too soon.
It's True/Dream Girl/Good Song/Bright Side of Life/This Is Who I Am - Salem Al Fakir: did you honestly think these wouldn't be here? Another week on the playlist for our (award-winning) main man.
Play It For The Girls - Danny: OK I know it's a bit out of date now but I'm still playing this. And why not?
I Love You Goodbye - Thomas Dolby: a rediscovered rarity from the man mainly remembered for his mic-80s 'novelty-science' songs but this later song displayed remarkable lyrical and musical depth.
Rule the World - Take That: it's grown on me now. Get well soon Howard, and when you do, go easy on the backflips eh?
Stop Me - Mark Ronson feat Daniel Merriweather: after watching them at the BBC Electric Proms, I'm playing this again. Going to do a post about Mark Ronson as well.

Not really much else on my playlist this week. Need some new tunes!

No comments: