Monday, July 30, 2007

Anyone fancy a Swedish singalong?

I previously mentioned that most Swedish of summer events, "Allsang Pa Skansen" which is broadcast weekly on SVT and is of course available on their excellent video on demand service. I’ve been watching it every week since it started a few weeks ago. Admittedly, it would be wrong of me to say that it’s all wonderful when it’s not: however there is something for everyone, young and old, a variety show in the true sense of the word. Week 1 had The Ark - we can’t resist the lovely Ola and his fringes!! - whilst week 2 brought Måns Zelmerlöw and Per Gessle, week 3 was my favourite for obvious reasons (clue: there was a "Good Song" on it) although apart from you know who, there wasn’t much going for it: try to calculate the total ages of Jerry Williams, Lasse Holm and Lasse Berghagen! Salem pictured above at Skansen: when "Good Song" lived up to its name!

Markoolio ("Ingen Sommar Utan Reggae") was the highlight of week 4, whilst the stars of week 5 included Amy Diamond, Marie Lindberg and the lovely Peter Jöback, premiering his new song "Stockholm I Natt" which was ok although I prefer him in more uptempo mode.

No comments: