Saturday, June 30, 2007

Gilles Luka....remember him?

Some years back during one of my many visits to Paris, I remember the song "Tout ou Rien" by Gilles Luka and its video getting lots of play on M6. It became one of my favourites - but that was the last I heard of this singer.

Decided to do a bit of digging to find out that he's still making music and has hig own Myspace: the electro-rock of "Killshout" is very good and reminiscent of David Guetta, whilst "Just Because You Lied" and its hard-hitting video is a protest against the Iraq war.

Didn't realise until now that he was also responsible for Galleon's "So I Begin" which was a big hit in France in 2001.

His official site is currently undergoing maintenance: in the meantime visit www.myspace.com/gillesluka and have a listen to "Killshout" and some of his other tunes.

No comments: